Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh dear, Pokey.

Poor Carter has been sick all week. First with a cough, then an ear infection and this morning he woke up with an eye infection. He hasn't been to school all week. It has been raining all week too. Which I haven't minded. Except the kids have been inside ALL week. So I was looking through some pictures of our vacation to WA a few summers ago. Joy &......Serenity. (sigh)

Jared's working this morning, so I texted him to tell him how frustrated I was that Carter had an eye infection. He replied back, "Wow so dont look out at our tree if ur frustrated". Really?!?! I'm trying not to cry right now. My kids love this tree. Her name is Pokey. Pokey is the biggest tree on our street (but not the tallest). I love driving up and seeing her beautiful branches that touched the top of our house and hung out over the sidewalk and into the street. She is much taller than the top of our house. and somehow she made me feel safe. She almost hid our house. All the kids were upset this morning. We haven't decided what to do with Pokey yet.

10 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Ok, first let me say that I'm so glad to see a couple of posts from your blog!! I have missed them so much. :) (does that make you feel better?)

I'm so sorry about Carter. When it rains, it pours, right? Remember that you'll never be "dealt a hand" that you can't handle. Carter will be better before you know it!! :)

As for the tree... that is a huge bummer. Is there any way that you can get her planted again? Good luck Jess! One thing at a time... :D

Taryn said...

so glad you're back and posting! I feel so bad about your tree, I know what it's like to need trees. It's desolate on the farm and my trees make me happy. That looks like a pretty tree too. I hope you can replace it with a super fast growing one :)

clybbert said...

How I have missed you! Love the posts as of late. That is such a bummer about Carter, hopefully he will bounce back soon. And your tree, your poor tree! I hope you can figure out a way to revive it. Parker and I miss you guys terribly! Say hi to Jared for us.

Caroline said...

hi Jess! sorry about your tree:( it's been a while since i've seen your blog (was it private for a while?) anyhow, you have such a great family! i can't believe how grown-up your kids are. i bet they are dang good at soccer and aggressive like you:)

Isaak and Jackie said...

what a bummer I didn't even know you had a tree but it looked like a good one.

buddyandsarahaws said...

Ahhh bummer! Chloe and Carter must be bff's! Chloe has had a bad cough fever and now ear infection. Sorry about Pokey!

Stephanie Walker said...

Hey you! Long time no see. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Hope Carter gets better soon!

SunnyD said...

What HAPPENED TO POKEY!?!!?

I miss you. My cell is in the shop again so I can't call you but know that I'm thinking of you. I need to see you in Vegas Baby!

McKelle said...

Jess I love reading your blog...I laughed, I cried, I felt your pain over Pokey. I totally get it! Miss you!

camfox said...

poor pokey :(
so sad.