Saturday, January 31, 2009

SOCCER

CARTER...what a stud. He has learned so much already this season. He is really chasing after the ball and is really good at getting in a position where he gets the chance to kick it. He had a few break-aways today, but the darn full-back stopped him.
COURT...he is so fun to watch. He totally gets the goalie position and full-back position. He has also learned so, so much. He is quick to the ball and today had a great break away only to be spoiled by another player taking it away. He is very fast and can run down the ball when he feels like it.

HAILEY...is a runner. She plays alot of half-back because she's got good lungs. At the beginning of the season she was scared of the ball, always putting her hands up if she thought someone might kick it at her, but she's not scared anymore. Today in her game she was throwing the throw in and hit a girl from the other team right in the face. I didn't laugh, but I really wanted to. How do you do that? She is getting more aggressive and having so much fun.
ME...I get to be Hailey's coach. I have no idea what I'm doing. For instance, today I asked the ref how many time outs we get...he said "there's no time-outs in soccer, you must be thinking of football or basketball."---yeah, he was a teenager. I felt super cool. Lucky for me I am coaching with 2 other amazing mom's and together I think we know enough!!!! It's so fun to watch these kids improve their skills and their confidence continues to grow.

ELLIE & DAD...get to be fans. Jared takes pictures and chases Ellie around. Our Saturdays are spent at the soccer fields, and we're having so much fun!!!

12 comments:

courtneyb said...

wow, what would that be like to have kids in out door sports in the middle of winter!? Arizona was a good move ;)

So fun that your the coach. I'm thinking I'll coach Cloe this year. Last year she had a coach that didn't know what she was doing and she was terrible. At least you know the correct names of the positions, she didn't even know that. Have a fun season!

Kim said...

Yay a post;) I've been missing you and wanting to see pictures! I wish we could come to some of their games... I will never forget going to one in Springville, but that was very early on and well I dont think they had the skills they do now:) haha. Do you have pics from Christmas break w/ S,D,& Ty down there? I love that you are coaching that is great, I think the more a parent can be involved with their kids and their kids friends the better, I'm sure Hailey appreciates it.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isaak and Jackie said...

Awesome stuff! Ike got a kick out of the timeout question but I had no idea either that there are no timeouts in soccer. We love your blog, your kids are super cute and by the way it is no fair that you don't have to wear a coat in FEBUARY!

germanjules said...

truly what a great life---january and february means days at the soccer field...hmmm maybe we should get out of here...at least our snow melted off the driveway today...next to the 3 and a half feet tall snow piled on top of my yard...you have such beautiful kids... i wish that my girls could have you as their soccer coach!

buddyandsarahaws said...

What a great Mom to be the coach!!! I do have to say that I got a good laugh out of the time out story. :) Your such a great Mom to do that.

Stephanie Walker said...

You are brave to coach! I have no idea how soccer even works. Curt has mentioned a couple times that he would love to get Emma playing.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

YAY!!! I check every day for a new post on your blog and was SO excited this morning to see one! You must be a busy busy girl!!! :) Your kids are so so cute! How fun that you get to be so involved in sports! I can't WAIT til Haylie is old enough to do sports. Wish we lived closer so that we could do play dates or something fun!

Jen Johnson said...

Jessica,

How fun for you! Ben might coach for my kids this Spring! Hailey will remember this all her life!:)
jen j

behka said...

Go Jessie J! What are they playing on-gravel? Dirt? I would trade grass any day for soccer in Jan and Feb. Your kids are awesome! Not to mention the coaching. Missing you!

Jess said...

Behk, it's Arizona's finest grass.

Amanda said...

Dang it looks warm their. I am a bit envious for that sunshine. What a great way to spend time as a family.