Sunday, May 10, 2009

How wonderful it is to be a mother. What a gift and a blessing.

Today as I talked to my mother on the phone I had an overwhelming feeling of the direct impact she has had on all aspects of my life. She is truly an amazing woman.

My dad sent an email out today and said this about her:
I have an overpowering desire to tell you all how beautiful and wonderful my wife, your mother, is to me. Her striving from the beginning of our marriage to the present has been for your success and betterment. She has for nearly 38 years taught me, served me and worked to bring me what I have wanted most in my life: a family such as you. She could not be more beautiful to me. My head is full of the work, intelligence, motivation, goodness and beauty of your mother. When she touches me it is a thrill. As our life together has progressed, I have craved her more and more. She has helped me see and overcome some of my foolishness and still has more work to do on that line. She has wanted you and loved you and told you, "You can" so many times since your infantcy. When I married her, I had no idea in how many ways she would, just by being herself, institute the values in our children that I felt were so important. She created an invironment in our home, where children were free to learn, to dream, to strive, to go after it. To put it in common terms, I owe her, big time. You do, too.

I had to share because it is so true.

8 comments:

Kaly Shippen said...

What a great tribute!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Jess, You have an amazing dad, and from what I just read, an amazing mom as well. I hope to be all those things some day. There are so many desirable things mentioned in that email, it's overwhelming! Maybe someday... ;) I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You are beautiful and your family is as well.

Jen Johnson said...

Wow! Powerful! I know that most mothers have a lot to do with how we are as adults and have a lot to do for how our fathers are! What a tribute to your mom and your dad!

jen:)

Elizabeth said...

SO sweet of your Dad to do that!

Taryn said...

Wow your dad is good with words! And sounds like your mom is super woman :) I don't know the rest of your family...but I would have to agree, she did really great with you, you are a wonderful person/mom!

Kim said...

What a great thing to have from your dad! I'm gonna butcher it, but some one said the most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother, and well your dad is a perfect example;)

Angela said...

What a neat email! What a great husband he must be to her too. I can see why you turned out so terrific!

germanjules said...

you know what! that is one of the best tributes...i am a better person just for reading it! thank you