Thursday, June 17, 2010

the BEFORES ***warning*** some of these are gross

So we fixed up a foreclosure...
...I wanted my kids to wear their shoes in the house and not touch ANYTHING, but you know how that goes.

These decals were hilarious to me. They are in the front living room and its a bunch of stars and a moon and it says, "Now I lay me down to sleep". In the living room?? It took awhile to pick them all off : )
Oh the kitchen. This was discusting. You can't see all the filth, but yuck. The memories are making me dry heave. We took the stove out and I got to clean it. It wasn't so bad inside, it was the sides of the stove where food had fallen it seriously looked like a bird had perched on the edge and poop a million times on the side and it slid down. Exept it wasn't white, it was brown and it was gooey. I had to use a razor to scrape it off and to scrape it out of the little nooks and crannies. Sorry, but I had to document that. And the smell of the dishwasher. I don't understand how something that is supposed to clean things can smell so super bad. We painted the cabinets and I washed each drawer front and cupboard door before we sanded and painted. My hands were sticky after touching them. It was gross. They were gross.

This doesn't even show how dirty the carpet really was.

A moldy hole in the ceiling....



"Ellie, don't touch that"

"please put your shoes on!"











I wonder what kind of juice they drank.











Now I just have to clean my house so I can take pictures of the afters!!!

11 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yes, now we need to see after pictures!! Glad everything worked out for you guys and that you were able to stay in the ward.

germanjules said...

yes, after pictures! that is so exciting! (it doesn't look like they left you too many projects to fix, no cement in the toilets or "pot" in the drier vent?)

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

You moved??? Did I know that? Somewhere in the back of my mind, it's ringing a bell.... hmm. In any case, I can't WAIT to see "After" pictures! How exciting!!! Congrats! :D

clybbert said...

Congrats on a new house! That kitchen is HUGE! Hope you guys are well, we haven't talked to you guys forever! Much love.

SarahJane said...

Yay! A new house! Can't wait to see the afters.

buddyandsarahaws said...

Ahhh...Your such a good woman to do that. Just think of how wonderful it will all be when its done!

SSToone said...

This is bringing back memories of houses we looked at back last year. We thought about buying a foreclosure or short sale and the places were just DUMPS and TRASHED. I couldn't stop saying "how can people live like this?" Something so new getting totally abused is just foreign to me. I think it just goes to show some of the kind of people who are foreclosed on.

I would love to know more about this, did you sell your other place? Also, when did you close on this, how long did it take - good deal? I'd love the details.

SSToone said...

Oh and my guess for the juice is...Tampico! :)

kimberlina said...

I'm so with you. Our little foreclosure was also really gross, trashed and needed major cleaning. But, hey, in the end you get a newly cleaned/refurbished house that is beautiful and cheap! We're so grateful we did the foreclosure thing.

SunnyD said...

Forget cleanin....just post the afters! Still Jes...a beautiful home. So spacious!

behka said...

Can't wait to see the afters! (I am still living in my 'befores'. DARN!)