Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's a beauty


So I know you can't tell so much in Hailey's birthday picture just how gorgeous this cake was, so I decided to give it it's very own post. I usually bake a cake and then let the kids decorate it for their birthday, but for Court and Hailey I just didn't have it in me, so they picked out cakes that were a little plain so they could still put all the sprinkles on they wanted. Before Hailey had the chance to do her magic, someone (CARTER) tipped the cake against the side of the cake box and smashed it all up, not on just one side. There were a few tears...but she still enjoyed making it sparkle. It looks a little sad, but it really was a happy cake. Sad to say, but this isn't even the ugliest of birthday cakes. When Haze was real young I decided that I could decorate a prettier cake than Albertsons. Boy, was I wrong. I'll have to dig for the picture of that one.

3 comments:

Isaak and Jackie said...

What a fun tradition and the cake looks delicious. Do you eat any of the cake after the kids pile on the decor?

Jess said...

Of course!! Eating the cake is the fun part, but sometimes you just give your piece a little shake to get rid of a little excess of sprinkles.

The Fears said...

That is a fun idea to have the kids decorate it however they want to! I will have to try that for Alyssa next year. She would love it.