Saturday, September 6, 2008

I wonder...

I wonder if they know....how much I love them. Do they know I sneak in after they're asleep and look at them? I wish I could express in words how I feel about them. How each of them has left an imprint on my heart, never to be removed. Do they know that they are a blessing to me?
Do they understand how honored I am to get to be their Mother? Each one so unique, with different talents and strengths. Do they understand that sometimes I must say "no" to protect them and keep them safe? Do they know that I am more concerned about them than any other thing in this world? Do I show them that through my actions?

Do they understand that their joy brings me joy, that they're acheivements make me proud? Do they know that their disappointments are my disappointments and when they are in pain, I am in pain?

Do they know that at night I pray for them, and stay awake worrying about them? Do they know that my greatest joy comes from serving my family? I wonder.

10 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Ok, are you trying to win the "Best Post Award?" Cuz I think you just did... seriously Jess, you should write a book! You are
A-Mazing with words! As I was reading this one, I found myself trying to remember everything you said and wishing that i could just make my brain remember everything you wrote so that when I go about my day, my actions will reflect what I just read. If only... Thanks so much for writing such great posts for us to read! I need it!

The Venegas Family said...

I love this post! I don't think our little ones have any idea the magnitude of love and emotions that we feel for them. I love being a mom and am so honored to have the responsibility of being a parent. My two girls make me happier than I ever imagined. I love your blog- the pictures are fantastic and your writing is so fun to read. Thanks for sharing! :)

SunnyD said...

If your kids feel the way I do when I've been lucky enough to spend time with you...they know. :) You are awesome.

ps your pix are getting great!

Lindsey said...

Love that post jess! I wish I could write something like that! You're so awesome!

Juliette said...

What an awesome post, it made me think alot about my little one and how much I love her! you have beautiful kids!

Jennie said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL! It made me tear up. I don't think they understand nor will they till they are parents, how could they? I never realized what a true treasure was until I had children. To have 90% of my thougthts be about them. They know we love them but as for the rest...they'll call us when they are parents and ask us how we did it all and thank us! :) Thanks for a great post!

Kim said...

What a sweet sweet post totally made me tear up! Your words are so genuine and truthful and I feel the same way! I love your pictures, what do you edit them in?

The Richins Family said...

oh jess, i love this post!!!!!!!! thanks so much for sharing. it's so great to see you love your kids with all your heart. you really are a GREAT mother and i look up to you byt hte way you love them and love them unconditionally!!! you're awesome! jen

Isaak and Jackie said...

Beautiful Jess, words can't express, thanks for bringing tears to my eyes. lov ya

Anonymous said...

what a great mom! you make me really excited to be a mom someday too.