Ten years ago today Jared proposed to me. I think about the guy that proposed to me and the man that I'm married to now, and though their the same person their different. He was layed back as can be, loved to hang out with his brothers, loved to tease, loved to play ball. One of the things I loved when we were engaged was to watch him with his nephews: playing, laughing, wrestling. He was so good with kids, just knew how to connect with them in a fun way. He still does all of these things and teases more than ever, but he's also become so much more. He makes me want to be better, and often is helping me stay on my path. He does the small stuff when I can't find the energy, he offers his patience when mine has run out, and when the day is too long he's right there helping me get through it. My favorite part of the day is when he walks into the house from work and the kids run for him yelling "Daddy, Daddy", wanting their hugs and kisses. I often want to do the same thing.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Ten years ago today Jared proposed to me. I think about the guy that proposed to me and the man that I'm married to now, and though their the same person their different. He was layed back as can be, loved to hang out with his brothers, loved to tease, loved to play ball. One of the things I loved when we were engaged was to watch him with his nephews: playing, laughing, wrestling. He was so good with kids, just knew how to connect with them in a fun way. He still does all of these things and teases more than ever, but he's also become so much more. He makes me want to be better, and often is helping me stay on my path. He does the small stuff when I can't find the energy, he offers his patience when mine has run out, and when the day is too long he's right there helping me get through it. My favorite part of the day is when he walks into the house from work and the kids run for him yelling "Daddy, Daddy", wanting their hugs and kisses. I often want to do the same thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's soooo sweet. Sometimes we forget to appreciate them don't we!
I agree. Your post made me think back how I felt about Taryn when we were engaged.
What a great Post! And your engagement picture is really cute!
Aw, that was so cute! And you guys look hot in that picture!
Very sweet. I love the picture of you two! Jared looks so different with all that hair! :) I love the new picture at the top too. So cute! We had fun hanging out with you two last night and should definitly do it again sometime.
That is such a nice post! I agree with Jared being great with kids. Whenever he visits he really pays attention to our kids and plays around with them. Even, Sophie, who is wary of new people let him carry her around. Time sure has flown by since those days at Ricks! Jimmy and I will have our 11th Ann. this Aug. Crazy!
congrats! jess, you still look the same, except your long hair. jared looks the same except no hair. LOL just kidding. :) it was nice seeing you at the movies. what a great movie!! :) congrats!
Jared looks so different, I almost didn't think it was him. :) I love that you write such sweet and thoughtful things in your blog, either you're a real good bluffer or you are really in love! JK
Very sweet..... You haven't changed at all!!!
You should check out Annie's blog if you are ever interested in pictures. She's awesome and so easy to work with.
What a handsome photo of the two of you! Yep. 10 years for us too. Ditto on when "Dad" comes home from work. Congratulations you two!
Post a Comment