Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm Crazy, I know.

So, for some odd reason I feel very strongly that everyone should change their comments to a pop-up window. Maybe I'm just not that bright, but I can't seem to figure out how to get back to the blog without hitting the back button 16 times and having the pop-up say "Do you want to display the unsecured items?" Or whatever it says. So I'm a fan of the pop-up because after I comment I can close it and there is the beautiful blog I was commenting on. Also, what is up with the word verification. Does this really prevent weirdos from commenting on my blog? I also find entering these random letters tedious. If it really does prevent someone or something from attacking my blog, then I'm all about it...Am I just really uneducated here, can ya help a girl out? Is there a way to exit the comments without hitting the back button 16 times?

To answer your question Courtney...and anyone else who would love to have a pop-up window for comments, when your on your dashboard, click on settings, then click on comments. The 8th title down says: show comments in a pop-up window. click on the yes, and your set!!! I'm feeling like this post was a whine session, so I apologize. Just one more thing....if you have music on your blog the pop-up window is fabulous because the music isn't interrupted when you go to the comments page. Happy Blogging!!!

So, I tried both Jenny's suggestion and Sunny's and they both worked fabulously, and Thanks Amanda for explaining why we sometimes need word verification. Thanks for the help friends!!

14 comments:

germanjules said...

jess-who is behind the stafford compound blog???

germanjules said...

oh, and thanks for blogging, it gives me something to do when my husband is gone 12+ hours a day, i love your posts

Jess said...

The Stafford compound is our family blog, it's about never updated. A few years ago when all of us kids were home with our families, all staying with my parents, someone called my parents house the Stafford compound. It stuck. Perfect name for the fam blog.

The Richins Family said...

jess, you're funny. i am glad that you have a pop up window for your blog too. also, i think i will take the verification off my blog now that it's private. :) when you are ready to click on comments to add comments, right click if your mouse has that and click on open a new tab/window. then you'll have a new window or tab open of just the comments.

Amanda D said...

I agree with you on having the comments in a pop-up window. As for the word verification...I don't think it is supposed to stop wackos from commenting, but it does keep spam away. I started getting spam and turned it on, but now I have turned it off again.

Taryn said...

Jess.. you can just make a pop up window in the settings part I think. I did it like that. I don't right click and open a new tab...I just fixed it up in settings that way.

Jess said...

Amanda, where did the spam go? To your blog? Or just when you opened the internet? I've never had this happen.

SunnyD said...

Oops. I didn't know mine wasn't a pop up. Sorry, my friend. :) Fixed it just for YOU!!!

As for the back button...on mine it has a link back to the blog I just click on.

PS I can't wait to see you. How many days until you are HERE???

The Venegas Family said...

I just barely figured out how to even allow comments on my blog- the whole pop up window vs no pop up window has made me want to see what i have my settings set to. I look at your blog all the time- it is so cute! Your kids are adorable. It's fun to see what you and Jared have been up to.
Miss ya!

Emily said...

okay you always make me laugh! i agree sometimes I would just like to change everyones settings!! (no passwords though)so I just click at the top of their comments page where it says the name of their blog. it takes you back.

courtneyb said...

i want a pop up window. i so prefer the pop up. how did you do it?

Jessica Law said...

I HATE that comment section stuff too and I don't know what to tell you on that.

Where was Jared dunking the ball in those pics? Can't the old man get up anymore? I know Scott would have to give it a few try's before he came close now.

I love the sister thing too, there is nothing like it. It sure helps us out too when they take care of each other so well.

Kim said...

okay okay changing mine to pop up

venegasfamily said...

I saw that you left me a couple comments (thanks- I love reading them!).Since I just read your blog the other day, I decided to chang my comment options to the pop up window so it isn't so annoying. :)
p.s. I love your blog, and I agree- it would be fun to live closer to each other. Are you playing in a rec league? You wouldn't want me as a teammate- I haven't played in YEARS. I am all washed up. :)